Install on Vultr
Install your RPort server on the Vultr cloud
- On the Vultr desktop, select
Productsand click on the
- Use the Plus sign on the right side to create a new instance. Click on "Deploy new server".
- Select "Cloud Compute" as server.
- Select a region near you.
- Select "Debian 11 x64" as server type.
- Choose the smallest size available, that will cost you 5$USD per month.
- Do not add any additional features.
- If you haven't uploaded your public SSH key yet, do so. Vultr does not support log in via password.
- Finally, enter "Rport Server" into the hostname input field and click the blue button
After the instance has been deployed, grab the public IP address from the list of instances.
Grab the public IP address
Vultr installs the Exim Email-Server by default. It's not needed for RPort. 🧹 Keep your system tidy and uninstall it with
apt purge -y exim4-*.
- On the main products' dashboard, select the firewall tab and click on
Add Firewall Group.
- Name the firewall group
RPort Serverand click on "Add Firewall Group".
- On the ipv4 rules, use the plus sign to add rules.
- Add the following rules
- Accept SSH
- Accept TCP(HTTP)
- Accept TCP(HTTPS)
- Accept TCP
- Accept ICMP
0.0.0.0/0👈 Do not skip this rule!
- Drop any
Vultr Firewall for the rport server
Finally, click on
Linked Instances, select the rport server and link it to the new firewall by clicking the plus sign.
Link the rport server instance to the new firewall