Install on Google Compute
- On the Google Cloud Platform dashboard go to Compute Engine/VM instances.
- Click the "CREATE INSTANCE" button.
rport-serveras the name.
- Select a region near to you.
- Select General-purpose as machine family.
- Select N1 (Powered by Intel Skylake) as series
- f1-micro 1vCPU,614MB Memory) as machine type ~5.00 USD monthly estimate
- "Select Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)" as boot disk.
- On the firewall section enable "Allow HTTP" and "Allow HTTPS".
- Create the VM instance by clicking the Create button
Create a VM instance on Google Compute
The default firewall is not suitable for the RPort server.
Firewall. Click on
CREATE FIREWALL RULEon top of the existing rules. Create the firewall rule as shown on the screenshot. It's important to apply the rule only to specify the target tag
Firewall rule for the rport server
Once the firewall has been created, go back to the settings of the virtual machine. Click on
EDITon the top. Scroll down to the Network Tags and enter
rport-server. This attaches the newly created firewall rule to the VM. Click on
Saveat the bottom.
Activate the firewall rule for the rport server.
From the list of VM instances, grab the public ipv4 address of your newly created instance.